Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Pumpkin Muffins

I got this recipe off the blog of a friend of mine here in Wichita. It looked too easy. My kids love muffins and EC keeps talking about pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie etc.... The problem is, Matt does not like pumpkin in any form or fashion so I thought this would be a great idea for us. The kids and I can eat the muffins and then I don't have tempting pumpkin pie sitting around my house calling out to me to eat it. So here is the recipe:
1 box yellow cake mix (or butter or whatever you feel crazy enough to try)
1 2/3 cups of Pumpkin Pie filling (NOT plain canned pumpkin)
-Mix the DRY cake mix and the PP filling together. The batter is thick, just keep stirring to get it all incorporated. Then fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Makes about 18 muffins.
THAT'S IT!!
If you wanted to jazz them up even more, you could add nuts or a cream cheese frosting. The other great thing is that the can of Pumpkin Pie filling has enough to make this recipe twice. We will be having these again next week. Thanks again for the recipe, Sharon!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I presume the muffins were made of only the ingredients shown. Maybe I'll try them. EC seemed to enjoy them. Mom

JDunn said...

It IS great, isn't it? I, too, was skeptical the first time I tried it. Sharon is so good at quick & easy, yet "Quality" ideas. What a wonderful way to send last minute snacks to school or whatever, huh?

Sharon said...

Awww, shucks! Who KNEW I was "blog-worthy"?! Glad it turned out well, and that you enjoyed the muffins!

~Amanda~ said...

Those sound yummy!! I'm gonna have to try those out! :)

Dawn E said...

I made similar ones this past weekend, but I used the Duncan Hines Spice Cake mix and smeared cream cheese frosting on top. The recipe was the same except it called for 3/4th cup water. They were loved by all (and I picked up the ingredients for two more batches last time I was in Wal-Mart!) Yum!!!

Aimee said...

just tried it and it's a big hit w/ the kids :) Thanks for the wonderful idea!

Fall

Christmas

redhome