Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Fall Family Festival

This past Sunday was our church's Fall Family Festival. There was a car show (for those reading who don't live in Wichita, rebuilding old cars is a big thing here), face painting, pony rides, a petting zoo, lots of inflatables, a hay ride, prairie surfing (another one I should explain but won't do it now), a chili competition, bonfire and smores. It was a lot of fun and the kids (I'm including Matt in that - see below) had a blast.
You can't see it but this is EC and Knox sitting on a pony. EC took a ride and Knox said he wanted to do it too. I doubted him so when EC got back we just sat him up there. He immediately started yelling "no Mommy, no". So we got a quick picture and moved on.
Here is Matt in an intense competition with 2 other men in our church. If you want a good laugh, click on the picture to enlarge it and take a good look at their faces.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love Matt's face in this one!!! How old are we???? I love that you guys had so much fun!

Abbey said...

What a great post! I have enjoyed all yours.. rarely do I comment, but for the sake of time.
But I must say, this particualr picture make s me hapy. I lvoe that you ahd to get a "quick shot" before your son fell apart from the terror of sitting on a pony. And then ,k I'm not sure what in the heck Matt & the pother guy are doing.... (running? Sliding?) But either way, Matt's face expression alone beats that guy hands down!!!
Too funny! Looks like alot of fun! :)

JDunn said...

I'm sorry I missed this one. Greg & Steve Webb hashed it out on that thing last year and it was hilarious to watch. :)Unfortunately this year I was in the ER after stabbing myself. Eventually I plan to blog about it so everyone can laugh at me.

The O'Brien Family said...

Well, who won? :)

dmc said...

This is hillarious!!!

Anonymous said...

Evidently a good time was had by all. It is good let the kid in you come out and play. Precious pony picture!! GeGe

Fall

Christmas

redhome