Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hot Apple Cider

A lady from my Bible Study brought a crockpot of cider one morning and I think I had 2 or 3 cups. It was wonderful. I LOVE cider but am always let down by the packets or store bought jugs of cider. This recipe is great. I actually half the recipe. Then after Matt and I drink a cup or 3 I pour the leftovers back into the apple juice jug and store in the fridge. Then all I have to do is warm it up a cup at a time in the microwave. Enjoy!!
1 gallon apple juice
2 cups pineapple juice
2 cups orange juice
6 Tbs lemon juice
7 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup sugar
-Mix and simmer 20 minutes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like the perked cider I used to make in a big coffee pot. You put the spices in the strainer where you put the coffee when making coffee. It smelled so good. I don't have a big coffee pot any more but bet doing it in a big boiler will be just as good. Mom

Christi said...

Sounds yummy, I may have to try that. Your hubby did an excellent job this morning...by the way!

Fall

Christmas

redhome