Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Great Big Turkey

So, I am rather proud of myself. I made these cookies for EC's Thanksgiving party and they turned out cute if I do say so myself. But if you ever decide to do this, buy your candy corn at Halloween. Because if you go looking for them the week of Thanksgiving you will be out of luck. Thanksfully, my kids had some left over and it was just enough. I also thought I would share a little song with you that I grew up hearing my mom sing. It is a family favorite:

There's a great big turkey on Grandpa's farm and he thinks he's very gay.
He can stretch his tail into a great big fan and strut around all day.
You can hear him gobble at the girls and boys
cause he thinks he's singing when he makes that noise.
He'll sing his tune another way
up on Thanksgiving Day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute,cute. What did you use for eyes? Mom

~Amanda~ said...

Cute cookies!!!

Amy said...

What adorable cookies! I miss my cooling rack like that one, it disappeared when we moved.
Btw, I found your blog by looking up the time for the Christmas parade this week.

Doug "Cat" Thomas said...

I can't believe this is the only source so far of the Grampa's Turkey Song. My mother is 91. Lately she has been recalling songs I have never heard before. It is baffling all of us many siblings. She sung the Turkey Song and I wanted to see if anyone had knowledge of it. Thank you for your acknowledgment of the song sung by your mother. My mother sung one line slightly different...."But he turns his head the other way upon Thanksgiving Day." God Bless. Doug Thomas Gaylord, MI

Irisheyes said...

Oh gosh...my sister just called me from Az to ask me if I remember the words to the Turkey song. Mom is 94 yrs young, and would sing and sing this song all day long, at Thanksgiving time. I did remember all the words also, mom has kinda forgoten them, so I have been playing here on the web to see what I could find on the Turkey song I love soooo much. what great memories...and Thank you..Happy Thanksgiving to all..Joan McSherry/Stillwater Mn

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.24
hugo boss outlet
canada goose jackets
pandora jewelry
nike factory outlet
polo ralph lauren
air jordan 8
jordans
moncler outlet
michael kors outlet online
kate spade outlet

Fall

Christmas

redhome