Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Matt


Yesterday was Matt's birthday. I don't think I took a single picture to document the day. I am really slacking on the picture taking lately. But anyway, I was leaving the house with the kids to go eat lunch with him and I looked down, on the garage floor, and saw this. It was so tiny I thought it was an earthworm. Then I poked it with a leaf and it raised it's head up and I could see it's little tongue hissing at me. No doubt this was a gift left to us by our cat. Thanks a lot, Aubie. I wasn't sure what to do (besides take a picture so I could post on my blog about it). Then I remembered it was my sweet husband's birthday and if there is one thing he HATES in this world it is snakes. So I grabbed the spade and wacked the little snakes head off. Happy Birthday, Honey!!!

10 comments:

Matt Redmond said...

not nice...

~Amanda~ said...

You're so funny!

Anonymous said...

I think you were really being nice to take care of that thing for your husband on his birthday. :-) Mom

Aimee said...

It's official, you're a very capable midwestern woman!!

Unknown said...

Ok, you are Wonder Woman! Even if the snake was smaller then the one you killed I still could not have gone near it!!

Jenn said...

I love it! I'm picturing a pregnant woman in cute new maternity clothes in the garage with a spade (it's starting to sound a little like Clue here) chopping off a snake's head. So funny! I'm very proud of you! :)

Heath and Nikki said...

Wow! VERY impressed. It's amazing what you will do for the safety of your family :)

Anonymous said...

Blame the scary snake thing on his Mom!!! GeGe

Jonathan said...

what'd the snake do to you? :)

sr4au said...

You are so brave. I would have called the Police to come rescue me and the children. Poor Matt had no chance of liking those awful things. I never could use the S encyclopedia. Hugs and Kisses.
Sherry

Fall

Christmas

redhome