Thursday, October 23, 2008

God - Our Great Provider

Sorry for another post with no picture but the only picture I could think to add to this story is one of my already big belly and who really wants to see that.....NOT ME!!! So, this is pregnancy #3 and you would think with the 2 big bags of maternity clothes that I moved here with that I would be in good shape. Well, I have taken them all out and washed and sorted. Granted I have a lot of hand-me-down clothes which I have been so thankful for BUT Sunday I am trying to find something to wear and I have nothing.....NOTHING. I realized that all my clothes are stained, very dated, stretched out, have holes in them, or are too big. I was almost in tears by the time I got to church. Being pregnant is hard enough. I get big, my skin looks like the average 13 year old's and my emotions are all over the place and now I have nothing to wear and frankly can't go buy a bunch of clothes. The very next day I get a card from my sweet Mama in the mail with money inside for maternity clothes. Being the prego that I am I immediately burst into tears. I also realized that I had not even prayed about it, just worried (which is what I do). So I decided to start praying about it. Today I get a card from a couple in my church with a gift card to a maternity store. Yes, you heard me. Our God is an awesome provider. I had not said a word to anyone (except Matt) about what I needed and yet God moved in them to provide for a need that I had. Don't you just love it when that happens? I hope this has encouraged y'all like it encouraged me.

12 comments:

Dawn E said...

That's so great, Bethany. He is so very good to us. Rejoicing with you, and wishing I could be there to take the younguns so you could go shop! :)

The Downings said...

Hi Bethany,
I found your blog from Elizabeth's. I'm glad that you guys are doing well and Congrats on a third baby. It's nice to be able to keep up with ya'll, even though Chase and I really didn't get to hang out with ya'll much. Emma Caroline is absolutely beautiful and Knox is such a handsome little guy.
Take care.

~Amanda~ said...

That's awesome Bethany!!! He knows are hearts!! Oh and yes, we do want to see a picture of that growing belly!! :)

Sharon said...

Aw, Bethany -- that's an exciting testimony. God is SOOOOO good. Now, when are you going to bring the kids by so we can keep them while you shop?!

Christi said...

That is awesome! God is so good

BKicklighter said...

I AM encouraged. Thank you for sharing this story. AND, you now have TWO votes for a photo of your growing belly!

The O'Brien Family said...

THanks for sharing! Brad shared a quote from the Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe in church referring to the kids wanting to inquire about Aslan...they asked is he safe....and the reply is no, he is not safe, but he is good....indeed we have a good God.
I want to see the belly, too!

Abbey said...

I love it. He's so much more interested in our details than we think. Yay for you... been there! ;)

Stewart Ramsay said...

Bethany I know you've heard me say that one of my very favorite verses in all of Scripture is Isaiah 65:24, "Before they call I will answer and while they are still speaking I will hear." I'm going through a waiting game right now, as you know. Reading your story today was God's way of reminding me that He sees, He hears, He knows, He is in control and He IS answering. The time just isn't right for me to see and experience the answer. Either I'm not done cooking or the situation isn't right or something. But what a great reminder for me that He is answering prayer. I love you and your big fat belly. Can't wait to see you.

Stewart

Anonymous said...

Jehovah Jireh, my provider!

Love you,
Abby XXXOOOO

Jonathan said...

Thanks for sharing, B! Jesus is very good. Now if He'd just help out AU this weekend so I don't have to listen to Jason for the next yr.
Keep your chin up! everybody who counts thinks you're fabulous, no matter what you're wearing.

Anonymous said...

THIS IS THE COOLEST. love you guy, holly mackle

Fall

Christmas

redhome