Monday, October 27, 2008

I Love Fall

I just love Fall!!! Maybe it's the beautiful colors. Maybe it's the pumpkins. Maybe it's the food - soups and hot drinks. Or maybe I love Fall because it is the end of the God forsaken season called Summer. For whatever reason, I love Fall. So here is my post to toast Fall. The below picture is for my mom. This is what you see when you look out my kitchen window. While my mom was here she said, in a few weeks you will have a beautiful view. She was right and since she isn't here to see it I thought I would post a picture. Just think, if one season can be so beautiful, what will heaven be like? I can't wait to see it.Honestly, I have been a bit surprised at how cold it has already gotten. No snow YET but we had a freeze last night and tonight it is suppose to go into the 20's. So a few nights ago we had our first fire in the fireplace and a big pot of some scrumptious (EC's favorite adjective) chili.

Did I mention that I really like Fall???

5 comments:

sr4au said...

You are so right about Fall I love it to. And you sure did peg Summer right on. The only way I would like summer is if it was only one week long. A week is only 5 days isnt it, lol. Love ya'll.
Sherry

Abbey said...

Fall is my favorite season too. I love it for all the reasons you do, exept I don't have a fireplace! We just snuggle in front of Andy Griffith marathons to warm our bones... ;)

The 20s?!?!? I would surely die. I'm spoiled... not too hot (summer in AL is misery) & not too cold.
Matt & have obvious plans to retire in CA. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me see it for myself. I knew those trees were going to be beautiful. Glad you are enjoying the fireplace. And the chili looks good too. Fall is always my favorite season right up until Spring comes. By then I'm so ready for warmer weather and sunshine on the azaleas and dogwoods that I think spring has to be my favorite. Guess there will always be that struggle but isn't it nice to have two favorite seasons! Mom

Anonymous said...

It was down in the 20's here too this week. Brrr.....I love it! Your fireplace/built-ins look really pretty!
Love,
Abby

Anonymous said...

Fall is a favorite time of mine also. Just love the cooler weather. The view is beautiful Bethany. So glad you posted it.
We've had some cool (mid 30's) temps here also. Hope we get the white stuff this year.

Fall

Christmas

redhome