Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Andover Parade

One of my favorite things in Greenwood was the annual Christmas parade down Grand Blvd. I will probably cry the first Friday in December this year since we will not be there. But here in Andover they have what is called Greater Andover Days. It is a weekend full of activities including a parade. No, we weren't bundled up drinking hot chocolate in front of the Smith's house but it was fun just the same. We met up with the Stout family who had scored a great spot under a tree and we enjoyed the cool breeze of the morning. EC was ready and excited since she remembers the Greenwood parade and it was also one of her favorites. Knox on the other hand wasn't so sure. When the motorcycles started us off he jumped in my lap and put his hands over his ears and said "I scared." But once the parade started and he realized they were throwing candy from the floats all fear was gone. And boy do they throw a lot of candy. We came home with a big bag, Halloween came a month early as far as I'm concerned.
One of the things we always had in the Greenwood parade was a really big tractor (or whatever it was. I never was good with the names of farm equipment.) Well, we had tractors in this parade too.
But NEVER in my life have I seen a military helicopter in a parade. This picture does NOT do it justice. It was HUGE. Very impressive and definantly the highlight as far as I was concerned. And yes that is a very big gun the nice man waving is sitting behind and it didn't shoot out candy.

1 comment:

erika said...

SO...I'm a little delayed in this...but CONGRATULATIONS on #3!!!!! I've been in a time warp...I can't believe I'm just now cluing in. :)

Now that you are so much closer, when are you coming to visit again? :)

Fall

Christmas

redhome