Sunday, October 19, 2008

Curtain rod

OK, let me begin by saying this is one of my very random posts but it is such a good tip, I had to share it. So does anyone out there buy those 8 ft wooden curtain rods from Bed, Bath and Beyond? You know, the ones that cost $40 to $45 dollars. I have bought several in my day. After this last move I lost all my curtain rods because leaving them was part of the sale. Well, I was watching one of my favorite shows, Designed to Sell, the other night and they said you could buy an unfinished rod at the hardware store for $10. I couldn't believe it. So I headed to Lowe's (which I could spend forever just walking around) and found the "rods" in the lumber section. They were back with the crown molding and hand rails for stairs. You can buy them in various lengths. I bought an 8 ft piece for $12. Then you can either stain it or spray paint it. That adds on another $2 to $5 depending on what you do. Is that not AWESOME!?! So, since I saved so much I decided I needed to get the word out to anyone else out there who spends WAY to much money on curtain rods.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Designed to Sell... what a great show!!! Great tip!

Love ya,
Abby

Abbey said...

THis is a good one! My mother-in-law turned me on to it when we bought our house here. Looks just as good too!

Fall

Christmas

redhome