Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mommy in Training

So, last night I am laying on the couch with the usual nausea that I have been battling for what now seems like forever. EC wanted to play tag and I was trying to explain that my tummy hurt but she kept asking. So I reminded her that when her tummy hurts and she is lying on the couch we don't ask her to get up and run around. We let her just lay there. This explanation worked. She walked out of the room and came back with a bowl and said "Mommy, when you need to throw up, just throw up in the bowl." Then she walked back to her room and brought me her newest favorite stuffed animal. "You can have it. It will make you feel better" she says. Then she brings me a book and says "sometimes I like to look at a book". This went on until I had most of her favorite things around me. Then she said, "Mommy, I need to look in your mouth......yep, you have a red throat. I need to look at your tummy.....yep, it looks like it has a baby in there." By this time I have almost forgotten the nausea and am trying not to laugh. A little later I am struggling to get them ready for bed when she says "Mommy, I will sleep with you tonight to make sure you are OK" (Either Matt or I always sleep in her room when she is sick to help her during the night). This was the best to me. It is so obvious that she has picked up on every thing we say and do and I was so touch that she wanted to show that same love to me. It made my day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious little girl! She'll make a good mommie. Mom

Anonymous said...

That makes DeDe and GeGe's day,too.Thanks for sharing with us.
It makes our desire to see each of you great. Hugs and kisses, GeGe & DeDe

Christi said...

That is so precious! Makes me smile to think about those seeds that we plant...you are seeing some of that already. You are a great momma

Abbey said...

Hey there! I saw you found me on my blog. I have been stalking your blog for a bit now. :)
That's so sweet how your daughter took care of you. I have all boys, so there's not a whole lot of nurturing going on here unless it's from me!
I hope you feel better soon. That pregnancy nausea is terrible!

The O'Brien Family said...

Made my day, too!

JDunn said...

Awwwww. How incredibly sweet!! I smiled and smiled and smiled...

scott white said...

first of all I can't believe you have the intelligence and enthusiasm to write such a well-written blog at 5:30 in the a m!!!! and second of all - awwwwww!!! what a definition of precious!! thanks for sharing:)

Fall

Christmas

redhome