Wednesday, September 24, 2008

EC update

We finally heard back from the blood work that was taken while EC was in the hospital. The Dr. said that everything was within normal range and she didn't see anything that stood out to her. So the next step is to go see the pediatric gastroenterologist. Sounds like loads of fun to do with your 5 year old who has already been poked, prodded and tested more than most. Please pray that this next step will go well and mainly that we will get some answers, preferably before she has another "episode".
Today, I took EC to the dentist for a normal checkup. Thankfully, I think she inherited her Daddy's teeth and all looked good (no cavities). Then just as I am feeling good and have only a slight death grip on my wallet he hits me with this bit of info. You know those little kids you see who have gaps between all their teeth and you think to yourself, "poor thing, at least they are only baby teeth and the next round should fill up all the spaces". Well, turns out those kids probably wont need braces. Then there is my precious little girl who appears to have beautiful teeth all close together and the dentist telling me to start a college fund and a braces fund (I kid you not). She hasn't even lost her first tooth and he is prophesying doom and gloom. For pete's sake.....I need a nap.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I KNOW how you feel, girlfriend! Maybe we could go in together and get a group rate for ALL our kids! =) Personally, I think straight teeth are over-rated and that crooked teeth give one "character"!

On a serious note, I hope EC's next round of poking & prodding goes well and reveals the root of the problem.

Ed said...

I hate it for y'all. Molly (4) has an appliance in right now that we have to crank twice a day, and it'll be in for a year or two. And yesterday the dentist said Jack would need one too.

Anonymous said...

oh boy! better get a second opinion! :) Derek and I started the braces fund already...as both of us had them, we are expecting the worst. My neighbor told me to shop around...they went to three different orthodontists, got three 'quotes' then ended up going with the one who would work with them on price. They saved a thousand dollars!!!

abby

Mary said...

Girl, my dentist told me the same thing. I was asking about braces b/c Ron nor I had them. He said since Evan's teeth are closer together and he has a beautiful smile, he'll probably have to have braces. UGH!

JDunn said...

Same song, second verse. Ruth Anne has already been told she will need her palate "broken" and then braces...Do they like she stricken look and ashen faces of the parents when they throw those statements out? Praying for EC's next doctor visits, and that you guys will get answers.

Fall

Christmas

redhome