Thursday, August 21, 2008

What a week

This has been a week of sickness at our house. This time it was Knox with some kind of stomach bug. I will spare you the details but lets just say I have gone through a few packs of diapers this week. So I had to take EC to the doctor to have a physical to start school and had to take Knox along of course. I mentioned our problem to the doc and she suggested the B.R.A.T. diet and if he still had a problem in 2 weeks then bring him back..... 2 WEEKS!!!! So we leave the doctor and I have got to run to Walmart (desperately needed more diapers and some extra strength Tide). While running through the store Knox "gets sick". Yep, I was that mom. You've seen her before. And in the back of your mind you wondered, "what is she thinking bringing a sick kid to Walmart". Well, on behalf of "those" moms everywhere, I DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS GOING TO DO THAT!!! Thankfully, I had picked up a pack of wipes already so I cleaned up the best I could (even the floor) and got the heck out of there. We got home and he did it again. Let me just remind you here that I am still very nauseous pretty much the whole day. These are the times my mom says you forget. I hope so. The only thing getting me through this week is the reminder that my wonderful in-laws are on their way for a visit, Praise the Good Lord above!!!

7 comments:

BKicklighter said...

THAT was hilarious. I saw one of you ladies in Walmart once and she just turned and hi-tailed it out of there. Left the puke for everyone else to deal with. I am just so glad you attempted to clean it up - - - and didn't puke as well. THAT would have been out of control.

I am so sorry this happened, but I just keep giggling.

BKicklighter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JDunn said...

Oh Bethany, I feel your pain. Only with me it was Target, and the cart got left "that way". I even bought clothes for Ruth Anne to wear while we were there because the backups got ruined, too, from both ends of the kid and then on the way to the parking lot it happened AGAIN. Only I don't think I was having morning sickness at the time. Dear me. You are due for a break. I can't believe Dr W said 2 whole weeks!!!!!

Dawn E said...

Oh, you poor thing. Glad reinforcements are on the way! Hope Knox is all better very soon.

The O'Brien Family said...

We've got the bug down here, too! Isabelle threw up last Friday, and was sick for the weekend.....Sarah Frances threw up for the first time tonight....one week later...that puts to rest in my mind that viruses come in you fast and leave fast!
Wish I was there to have gone to the store for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bethany-
I feel your pain... we have it here too. Julianne was sick at the beginning of the week. I sent her back to school after a few days only to get a call from the school nurse that she now had a fever. As I'm telling her that I would come check her out... you guessed it! Jake comes running into the room and throws up on the floor. I was like a deer in headlights. Thank the Lord for my Mom being able to go get her while I cleaned up the aftermath. Hearing your story makes me a little thankful that I've been delivered from diapers!! Those were always the worst! This thing is like a plague!! I've enjoyed you blog.

~Amanda~ said...

Aww, bless your hearts! How horrible! I hope everyone gets to feeling better quickly!!

Btw, I "tagged" you~see my blog!

:)

Fall

Christmas

redhome