Monday, August 25, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle

So, on our last visit to the zoo we discovered an exhibit we had not seen before. It is called the Jungle and well, it looks like a jungle, except that you are inside. I have to say I was quite impressed with this. For one, the growth is beautiful. But secondly there are animals out, meaning not in cages. There are some in cages, a sloth, some crazy looking squirrels, monkeys oh and a komodo dragon, a big one. But there are other animals just out. This was a crazy looking bird. The pictures don't do it justice. But it was just walking down the path.
Looking up there were huge bats hanging in the trees. I am assuming they were not dangerous since they here just hanging out up in the trees. These were not small. They were probably about a foot long.

Then there were these beautiful birds just sitting on a limb. You can't tell but this guy was eyeing me as much as I was eyeing him.

There is also a "stream" with sting rays, a "pond" with some of the biggest fish I have ever seen. You could actually go under the pond and see them swimming all around you. This was the kid's favorite part. And lastly a water fall that you can walk behind. We didn't take pictures of anything else that day. Nothing else compared to the Jungle. Have I mentioned we love our zoo?



1 comment:

JDunn said...

Isn't the Jungle just the best? Of course, I'm pretty partial to the whole zoo. Believe it or not, we just went a couple of weeks ago with my Mom while she was staying with us; it was the first time I've been in over a year. Wowzers. Pathetic. Maybe we'll get a membership from SOMEONE in our family this year (I've been stumping for a family zoo membership for a Christmas present for years) and I can properly educate my kids about animals and wild life. My personal favorite at the Sedgwick County Zoo is the river otter exhibit. I LOVE to watch them swim and play.

Fall

Christmas

redhome