Thursday, July 31, 2008

Customer Service

I promise this blog will not become a place where I am constantly blowing off steam or ranting and raving about bad customer service. However, what I was told today by a Chase customer service agent bordered on hilarious. Here's the story. I have been paying my credit card payment online for several months. Well, due to our recent move I needed to change the bank account out of which I make that payment. I jumped through all their hoops to get that done but when I went to make the payment the new bank was not an option for making the payment out of. So I called customer service and was transferred about 4 times before I was told that I could not make that change online because I was not the primary card holder (my husband is). Now think about that. I finally said how do you know which one of us is sitting here at the computer? Talk about not wanting to admit that there was something wrong with their system or maybe it was that they couldn't answer my question. But to say that it wouldn't show me the new account online because I was not the primary card holder. I honestly started laughing. That didn't make her too happy. So......she transferred me to a number that was "no longer in service" and it hung up on me. I am 0 for 2 in customer service these days. I think I need a cookie.

2 comments:

donna r. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
donna r. said...

I have read that the best recourse for poor customer service is to write a letter to the company citing your "shock" and "dissapointment" with thier lack of assistance. Experts suggest you steer clear of using such adjectives as "angry" and furious" and refrain from sarcasm (hard for me). Instead you should explain that your recent experiences have left you no other choice but to seek a different provider. Most importantly, before you begin the letter or any letter for that matter, you should have a cookie.

8/02/2008 6:50 AM

Fall

Christmas

redhome