Saturday, July 12, 2008

CrockPot Falafel

This post is especially for my In-Laws and my brother, Stewart, who all share my love for Greek food......
Yes, you read that right falafel in the crockpot and it is so easy. The last time I made falafel I was newly married and it was so bad I think we ended up going out. This, on the other hand, is not. This is actually some of the best falafel I have ever had. I regularly read the blog of a lady who made a new years resolution to use her crock pot every day, or something crazy like that. Not only does she have some great recipes but she is very funny to read. So here is the link to her blog for this recipe. I actually got the taziki sauce recipe somewhere else so here it is:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 shallots, finely minced
2 Tbs fresh snipped dill (or 1 tsp dry dill seasoning, like Pampered Chef's)
1 tsp dijon mustard (didn't have dijon so I just used regular and it was good)
salt and pepper to taste

5 comments:

Dawn E said...

ooooooh...this looks good! I'll have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

BKicklighter said...

Have I even told you I wished we lived closer? We'd be such friends - not just facebook friends but face-to-face friends. Can't wait to try this recipe. Have you tried her seafood alfredo? That and the tilapia are both yummy.

Stewart Ramsay said...

That sounds great. I'll give it a try. Maybe whip up some roasted red pepper hummus to go with it.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm gonna try this! Had a look at the crockpot lady's site, was that you that gave her the coq au vin recipe??? (I'm gonna try that one too this week!:)
Abby

Anonymous said...

ok, tried it...loved it! The kids thought it was great, too...(i didn't tell them what it was made of. they said, yumm...tacos! and i didn't burst their bubble :) i even put the taziki sauce on it and they gobbled it up. score six points for bethany!

Abby

Fall

Christmas

redhome