Wednesday, July 09, 2008

4th of July

We spent our first 4th of July here in Wichita with the Dunn Family. Does it get any better than hamburgers, hotdogs, brats (a midwest thing for you Southerners reading), kids playing in the water and fun friends? A good time was had by all. The kids played in the water and had a blast!!!


Hot dogs and chips in your bathing suit outside. Brings back memories of good times for me at my cousins lakehouse on the 4th growing up. Now my kids are enjoying the simple pleasures of life. The adults on the deck enjoying the amazing weather.

Me and my Honey (awwwe)

But the story doesn't end there. We left the Dunns and brought the kids home and put them to bed. Then Matt and I sat in lawn chairs in the middle of our front yard and watched all the firework shows going on all around us. This place is fireworks crazy. I kid you not when I say it looked like a show you would see downtown going on all around us. I didn't even know you could buy those kinds of fireworks for your own backyard. I have to say it also sounded like we were in a war zone with all the explosions. It was a new experience for us but a lot of fun. Did I mention how nice it was outside? I didn't sweat one time. CRAZY!!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures of the 4th, thanks for sharing. Knowing your 4th was good made ours even better. DeDe and GeGe

Fall

Christmas

redhome