Thursday, April 03, 2008

Roasted Chicken Salad

I got part of this recipe off of someone else's blog. Who doesn't love a recipe that starts with a rotisserie chicken. I didn't like the dressing so I made my balsamic dressing instead. This is great served in a pita or just right out of the bowl.

2 cups chopped/shredded rotisserie chicken
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil (or cilantro if you can't get basil)
1 can cannellini beans - drained and rinsed
1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
-Mix all together
I put my balsamic dressing a few posts ago but I'll add it again. Since I needed to double the dressing recipe for this dish but didn't want 4 Tbls of olive oil, I substituted 2 of those Tbls with chicken broth. You can't tell the difference. Don't you love that. So with that switcheroo here is the dressing recipe doubled:
4 Tbls balsamic vinegar
2 Tbls olive oil
2 Tbls chicken broth
4 Tbls honey
2 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
-I like to put it all in a jar with a lid and just give a good shake. Pour over chicken mixture and enjoy. Of course it is even better the next day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much I cant wait to try it. Always love new recipes!!!Keep them coming.
Love you,
Sherry

Fall

Christmas

redhome