Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bathroom update???

This post is for Stewart, Abby and everyone else that I have complained to about my ugly outdated blue bathroom. Let me set the stage...... Blue tile (2 of which were missing above the sink), blue sink, blue toilet (Which we replace....see earlier post), blue tub, blue floor and did I mention that all these blue things are not the same shade of blue AUGH!!! Oh and I almost forgot the "cultured stone" countertop that is so glued into place it will not move during a category 4 tornado. Well, after talking to many of you and weighing all possibilities, I have a friend, who is a very talented decorator, (thank you Cyndi) who helped me pick a color to paint and some other ideas regarding lighting, mirror etc.... So here are some before and after shots. I'm not sure they do it justice. But believe me, it looks so much better. And yes, I have learned to just embrace the 1965 blue.


BEFORE

AFTER


Missing Tiles BEFORE


Couldn't get painted tiles to match so had a shelf built instead and I really like it.
AFTER

Wishing it was a white sink but oh well. The blue tub hiding behind the new shower curtain can keep it company.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks better. Mom

Anonymous said...

That looks great!!! Well done! And your azaleas...gorgeous, what a blessing! :)

Abby

Stewart Ramsay said...

Amazing what a change in wall color can do. And the shelf is so clever. I never would've come up with that one.

Fall

Christmas

redhome