Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

My mom use to make this cake for us for Easter when I was growing up. She also put coconut on it to make it look fuzzy. So cute but I didn't think the kids would like it. EC loved making this yesterday. It is so easy. I added a few other pictures to show how to do it. Start with 2 rounds. Cut the ears out of the side of one of the rounds and you are left with something that looks like a bow tie. I didn't get mine quite even but you get the picture. Also since the bow tie is in the middle of the cake you might have to trim some of the top to get it even with the bottom of the head.
Then you cover the whole thing with icing and decorate. I just piped the whiskers and mouth out of icing but you could use licorice.

We hope you all have a very Happy Easter. HE IS RISEN!!!!!


2 comments:

The O'Brien Family said...

So cute!!! All these creative ideas, Bethany! I am very impressed. How did you not get your icing on the bow to not become cake crumb icing??? I always have trouble with that when I cut the cake in the middle.

Heath and Nikki said...

What a great idea! I'll have to remember that next year. Just getting caught up on all of your posts. I love the recipes. Can't wait to try the crock pot one.
Love ya,
Nikki

Fall

Christmas

redhome