Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dying Easter Eggs

We are getting ready for Easter around here and one of EC's favorite things to do is egg hunting. So yesterday we dyed eggs and then had an egg hunt. I remember dying eggs with my mom growing up. But all she did was put food coloring in water (or at least that is what I thought). Even dying Easter eggs has changed. You can buy all the stuff you need in one package - the tablets for the dye, stickers, this plastic stuff you can shrink wrap around the egg, colors etc.... It was fun and we both had a good time but I have no idea how I am going to get the dye out of her shirt. Oh and for those counting, yes it is only 10 egg, I broke 2.......just call me Grace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Food coloring in water still works in a pinch! We dyed eggs today, and to make more colors, I just mixed different food coloring I had...they turned out the best! :)

Abby

Fall

Christmas

redhome