Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bob Books


So, about 3 weeks ago I was playing with EC when I wrote a word on the Doodle Pro and asked her what it said. She immediatly read it. I was a little suprised so I wrote another word and she read it. I proceeded to write about 30 different words and she read every one of them. She goes to a little 4K program and I knew that they were working on their letters and sounds but I had no idea she could read 3 and 4 letter words. But she has learned how to sound them out. I was so excited so I knew I had to find her some books to read to encourage this. A friend of mine suggested Bob Books (thanks Tonya). It is a box of 12 little books. Each book is only about 6 pages but it is all 3 or 4 letter words. We ordered them through Amazon but you can get them at Barnes and Noble. I can't tell you how much EC has enjoyed reading them. She has told me over and over with much pride "Mommy, I can read a book all by myself."

1 comment:

Ed said...

We've been using the Bob books with Jack, too-- and we've had similar experiences. He's really coming along. Even Molly has given a go at them, and at 3 & 1/2 she's getting started.

Good for y'all!

Fall

Christmas

redhome