Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Eva Bailey

Many of you have prayed with me for my Aunt Eva who has battled cancer for over 10 years. Well, her battle ended Saturday morning and she went home to be with her Savior and her mother, who we just lost a few months ago. This is very bitter sweet for my family. She suffered for so long and because of that we are glad that she is home and no longer suffering. However, we will miss her so much. She was truly a sweet precious lady. One of the things I will always remember is that when she hugged you she patted your back and there was never a faster patter. It was a thing unique to Aunt Eva and I loved it. I can even remember as a kid trying to hug and pat as fast as she did. I have so many memories of my Aunt because her daughter and I are the same age and our moms were so close that we were often together. One thing I loved about Aunt Eva is how much she was like my mom. Of course they were sisters but they just did so many things the same that I felt like she was a 2nd mother to me. She will be so missed but we have a hope that so many don't have. One day we will see her again and you better believe I can't wait to get a hug and a fast pat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your family. Especially your sweet Mom who has lost her dear sister and mother so close together. Love you, Abby

Stewart Ramsay said...

I can't believe that you wrote about that. Her hugs were one of the things that stood out in my mind this week, along with her always sweet and smiling voice.

Fall

Christmas

redhome