Monday, September 25, 2006

Back from Birmingham

We just got back from a visit to Birmingham. Bobby, one of Matt's brothers, invited him to come play with him and the other brothers (4 in all for those who don't know) in a golf tournament. The really funny part is that Matt doesn't play golf but it was a good excuse for him to spend some time with his brothers and for us to go "home". It was a good trip. The boys actually walked away from the tournament, with a prize, a new 5 iron, for the worse score. But they had a good time. Matt and I had free baby sitting from the grandparents so we went on a date and saw a movie. Can't tell you the last time I saw a movie in the theater. (In case you are wondering we saw The Illusionist. I highly recommend it) I even got to spend a little time with my friend Courtney, who I grew up with. Our kids are about the same age and had a great time. The whole next days Emma Caroline kept say, "we go back to Alli's house?" Courtney, I can't believe we forgot to take pictures!!! Anyway, the highlight of the trip for Emma Caroline was the trip to the Galleria where she got to ride the Merry-go-round. Knox just enjoyed watching. We wound up the trip with the stomach bug. First me, then Emma Caroline then my sweet mother-in-law who had taken care of us. Thanksfully the boys were all spared. Oh well, we enjoyed our little get away none the less.

1 comment:

sr4au said...

This is to much fun. Still having some trouble with my posts going when i do them but my laptop is slow and loaded. Hope you enjoy our log too. give hugs and kisses to all,
love,
Sherry

Fall

Christmas

redhome