Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mommy's Revenge

This is the story of my revenge on 2 little people in my house who thought they wanted brussels sprouts. At the ripe ages of 6 and 3, 2 of my kids think they know WAY more than Mommy knows. They got into their heads that they wanted brussels sprouts, undoubtedly from a cartoon they had watched (I mean didn't we all want spinach at one time or another because Popeye said it was good and would make us strong). So they started asking for brussels sprouts over and over and over and over..... you get the picture. I kept telling them that brussels sprouts were not good and that they would not like them. But NOOOOO, Mommy doesn't know anything and they insisted on having them. So I made them a deal. I buy you some brussels sprouts and if you like them I will buy more and if you don't then you NEVER talk about them again.


I WIN!!!!






6 comments:

Christi said...

That is awesome, you are a great mom!

Anonymous said...

I've seen those looks before! I would guess there will no more sprouts!!GeGe

Abbey said...

Hilarious, Bethany! I'm impressed at your documentation of this event. The expressions say it all! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha! so funny! We get those looks every time i make them...(Derek likes them, so I make them occasionally) tell your kids they are lucky they don't live at my house. Well...maybe not, then they might not want to come visit! ;)
Abby

Stewart Ramsay said...

The funniest thing of all is that there are some writers of a kids cartoon that are laughing their butts off over all the brussell sprouts kids have been forcing down at dinner all across the country.

JDunn said...

HaHaHaHaHa! I LOVE it!!!!!!

Fall

Christmas

redhome